This is a seasonal position that assists with the general maintenance of the Allouez water distribution system along with village owned facilities and properties. Applications accepted year round.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains buildings and grounds associated with the Water Dept.
- Operates mowing, grooming, trimming, and various landscape maintenance equipment.
- Assists full time staff with projects and various maintenance activities.
- Yearly valve turning program.
- Locating water shut off valves.
- Hydrant flushing.
- Cleaning Pump stations.
- Patching Roads.
- Assisting with Bulk collection.
- Painting streets and signs.
- Brush collection.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and some work experience are preferred.
- Must be at least 18 year or older.
- Must possess a valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons.
- Be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate, mowers, trucks, trailers, and other power equipment.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools used in maintenance work.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time and work under most weather conditions.
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel, reach, climb, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; work cooperatively with others and take direction.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public.
- Does not supervise others. Decisions affect the operation of the work unit. Receives general supervision and works alone on routine work from standard practices and procedures.
- Frequent contact with co-workers, immediate supervisor and residents. Contacts involve routine matters where information is furnished or obtained. Customer service is essential.
Hours of Work:
- Typical working hours for this position are: May through August – Five days per week – 8 hours per day 7:00am-3:00pm.
- Hours may be flexible to accommodate the needs of the Department. Punctuality for this position is required. This position is limited to a maximum of 1199 hours per year.