Village of Allouez is looking for people interested in umpiring both Adult Softball and Kickball Leagues. Umpires are scheduled for 2-5 games per night, dependent on league and sport. Summer Leagues begin in late April and end in August Fall Leagues begin in late August and end in late October. Leagues are held in the evenings at either Green Isle and/or Langlade Parks. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make calls for each play (safe/out, ball.strike).
- Maintain control of game.
- Secure Green Isle shelter or Langlade Shed at the end of each evening.
- Responsible for all Department equipment. Exercise proper care when using either village property. Report any damages or hazards to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Communicate regularly with the Recreation Coordinator regarding any concerns.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and some work experience are preferred.
- Must be at least 18 year or older.
- Prior experience umpiring softball/baseball or kickball games preferred.
- Preferred athletic experience as a JV or higher competition level in baseball/softball.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons.
- Be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of softball and kickball rules is a must. Ability to actively move throughout the evening, for up to 4 games a night.
- Does not supervise others. Decisions affect the operation of the work unit. Receives general supervision and works alone on routine work from standard practices and procedures.
- Frequent contact with immediate supervisor and participants.
Hours of Work:
- Softball leagues are offered weekday evenings for spring/summer and fall leagues. Kickball league is weekday evenings for spring/summer. Leagues typically take place at Green Isle and Langlade Parks. Times vary depending upon league enrollment.
Interested applicants should submit an application to:
Matt Hahn – (920) 448-2804; [email protected]
Village of Allouez
Attn: Matt Hahn
1900 Libal St.
Green Bay, WI 54311