REVISED DATE: 07/21/2017
DEPARTMENT: Private Events
REPORTS TO: Private Events Coordinator
STATUS: Non-Exempt (seasonal, part time, no benefits)
As a team member of Heritage Hill State Historical Park, you will help build a positive working environment as well as inspire, transform and build our community through exceptional cultural and historic experiences. Under the general supervision of the Park’s Private Events Coordinator, Private Events Bartender, provides principle support and assures seamless functioning of the Private Events Department.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Maintain a current and valid bartender license
- Maintains proper operation of facilities during rentals including opening, closing, light cleaning as necessary, and use of the park alarm system.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere regarding customer service, attire, and any interaction with others.
- Adheres to facility usage rules and insures renters’ compliance.
- Communicates any issues or needs to the Private Events Coordinator
- Communicates any shortages of consumables or supplies needed in the bar or items needed to provide the best customer service possible.
- Maintains a clean and safe serving area for clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least one year of bartending experience. Experience preferred is 3-5 years of related bartending service.
Individual must possess: strong written and verbal communication skills and be highly organized, with great attention to detail Must be able to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment, and should possess the ability to work independently and meet deadlines while retaining flexibility. Must possess a strong personality, who is willing to work with a variety of clients in a variety of situations. Must be able to provide exceptional customer service and possess a pleasant demeanor while dealing with conflict. Must be comfortable approaching people that are under the influence of alcohol. Working Conditions: Prolonged standing and occasional high pressure and long hours due to seasonality of business. The hours for this job will largely be weekend and evening, sometimes into the late evening.
- This person must also be able to maintain effective working relationships with visitors, clients, vendors, volunteers and staff.
- Ability to handle money and use a register or point of sale system.
- Ability to use a telephone and computer to receive and send information. And able to operate required equipment with necessary physical agility, optical, auditory and manual dexterity.
- Ability to read, comprehend and speak clearly in a variety of settings.
- This person must be able to work with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to walk or stand for an hour or more at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds as necessary.