Do you want to be a part of something that motivates you? Where what you do makes a real difference? Where people are celebrated for who they are – every day?
CP is looking for people who want meaningful work and show compassion for others by what they say and what they do. Because at CP, what you do makes a difference in the lives of over 2,100 infants children and adults every year. Helping them live the lives they want to live and achieve things they didn’t think they could.
We have several exciting and rewarding positions open. We have an immediate need for Early Education & Childcare Teachers for our NEW Suamico location. If the job description below seems like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply. You can also click on the video below to learn more about our culture and purpose.
The primary role of the Child Care Teacher is to plan, organize and implement daily children’s learning activities. The Child Care Teacher is also responsible for creating and maintaining a nurturing, safe environment for children.
A Day in the Life of a CP Childcare Teacher:
- Provide a nurturing, supportive, and inclusive approach to all children.
- You get to plan, organize, and implement individual and group instructional activities for children that aim to develop them socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically., while being responsible for the safety of all children in the center and specifically for the children in your care.
- Work cooperatively with other staff in a team environment.
- Communicate with and provide excellent customer service to children and families.
- Provide positive approach and behavior redirection as age appropriate.
- Share in the responsibility of maintaining a clean and safe environment..
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete at least 2 non-credit department approved courses in early childhood and education, (ex: Introduction to the Childcare Profession & Skills and Strategies for the Childcare Teacher) or 2 courses for credit in early childhood education or its equivalent from an institution of higher education.
- Physical ability to lift and transfer children (minimum of 25 pounds) and ability to participate in floor activities with children.
- Must relate well with children, be flexible, and adaptive to Center’s needs.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present materials in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- In order to support the safety, health, and wellbeing of our employees and the public we serve, and to meet federal mandate requirements, CP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Upon hire you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination status.
For more information on the job, what it is like to work at CP and other positions available, visit the CP website