The Manager of Facilities is responsible for the overall readiness, safety and appearance of CP buildings and properties. The Manager of Facilities is also responsible for leading the activities of the Facilities team to consistently achieve business results and to ensure that internal & external customer/client service expectations are fulfilled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead, develop and coach Facilities Staff; participate in the hiring and selection process, provide clear expectations, feedback and recognition; write and conduct performance evaluations and handle staff issues.
2. Prepare annual operating and capital budgets; monitor budget performance and investigate cost-saving ideas.
3. Manage major building and property projects to include space planning, vendor negotiations and oversight, and project management.
4. Develop, solicit, and monitor vendor agreements and contracts for internal and external services; i.e. HVAC, plumbing contractors, landscape, lawn care, snow removal, waste management, etc. Ensure work completed meets expectations.
5. Participate as a member of the Leadership Team; provide direction, business strategy and vision for the CP organization.
6. Actively participate on the CP Buildings & Grounds committee.
7. Practice a “hands on” approach and assist in completing maintenance work or assisting with cleaning tasks when necessary.
8. Responsible for overall security of the facility.
9. Maintain detailed records of all preventative and maintenance repairs, and ensure compliance with State and Federal Regulatory codes.
10. Develop and maintain appropriate service metrics and outcomes that are measurable and quantifiable, including an open maintenance ticket log.
11. Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory of agency supplies.
12. Is available by phone for emergencies that occur in the facility or arranges for coverage when not available.
13. Active participation in the fundraising and operations of the annual CP telethon.
14. Perform other duties as deemed necessary and requested by the Director of Operations.
15. Adhere to agency safety policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. 5+ years of facilities management/supervisory experience.
3. Experience working with maintenance/housekeeping staff.
4. Certified Pool Operator preferred.
5. Proven ability to work with outside vendors and contractors.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office.
8. Strong leadership skills
9. Knowledge of basic mechanics and heating and ventilation.
10. Knowledge in handling and use of hazardous/cleaning chemicals, pool maintenance and equipment.
11. Willing to work flexible hours to include early morning, evenings, and weekends as needed.
12. Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
13. Strong attention to detail.
14. Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
15. Must be willing and able to “bring caring to life”.
For more information: https://www.wearecp.org/i/p/manager_of_facilities_10.10.18.pdf