REVISED DATE: 5/27/2017
DEPARTMENT: Visitor Services
REPORTS TO: Visitor Services Coordinator
The marketing/graphic design internship is a temporary position intended to provide undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity for professional development in the rapidly evolving non-profit industry.
- Interns will be assisting in graphic design as well as tasks including but not limited to market research, brand development, and copywriting.
- The internship will last for at least 12 weeks, and the schedule is flexible. Exact hours will be discussed and agreed upon by the successful applicants, Margaret Karius (organization CEO), and academic advisor (if internship is being used for class credit).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Interns will be selected based on applicable coursework and experience relating to graphic design and marketing. To be considered, applicants should have completed a significant amount of upper division coursework.
Necessary skills include:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong willingness to learn how to apply graphic design and digital imagery skills in real world marketing environment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments
- Must be a go-getter and possess the ability and desire to bring ideas to the table