The Village of Allouez is seeking a part-time Community Center Custodian.
PAY RANGE: $9.50 per hour Non-exempt
This is a part-time position that is responsible for custodial and janitorial duties at the Allouez Community Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive and other duties may be required and assigned.
- Cleans and performs general custodial duties inside the facility (main room and bathrooms).
- Sweeps and wet mops floors.
- Cleans, sanitizes and stocks restrooms and kitchen area (soap and paper products as needed).
- Removes trash from site.
- Cleans windows, tables, chairs, and fixtures.
- General setup of tables and chairs for various recreation programming as needed.
- Alerts supervisor of facility issues or needs.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Some work experience is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of chemical use in janitorial operations.
- Knowledge of custodial and facility cleaning practices.
- Ability to perform manual labor.
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel, reach, climb, walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently and schedule own work with little to no immediate supervision.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public.
Does not supervise others. Decisions affect the operation of the work unit. Receives limited supervision and works alone on routine work from standard practices and procedures.
Limited contact with immediate supervisor and facility users. Contacts involve routine matters where information is furnished or obtained. Customer service is essential.
HOURS OF WORK:
Typical working hours for this position are daily, Sunday through Saturday, following programing and rentals for the day. Preferred schedule would be after 10:00pm or before 8:00am.
Hours may be flexible to accommodate the needs of the Department. This position is limited to 15 hours per week.
This job description is intended to describe the functions and minimum requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or requirements. The Village reserves the right to add, change or delete functions of this position at any time.
To apply, complete the Application for Employment, and send it to Village of Allouez, Attn: Angie Cepeda, 1900 Libal St, Green Bay, WI 54301