DEPARTMENT: Private Events
REPORTS TO: Private Events Coordinator
STATUS: Non-Exempt (seasonal, part time, no benefits)
As a team member of Heritage Hill State Historical Park, you will help build a positive working environment as well as inspire, transform and build our community through exceptional cultural and historic experiences. Under the general supervision of the Park’s Director of Sales and Marketing, Private Events Assistant provides principle support and assures seamless functioning of the (Private Events). This position will also be responsible for cleaning the event spaces and setting up for events and meeting in the park according to schedule. This is a very seasonal job, with high demand during May – November, primarily weekends day and evenings. Looking to on-board staff in anticipation for season opening (May) **Applicants with current and valid bartender license preferred and must be 18 years old**
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Maintains proper operation of facilities during rentals including opening, closing, cleaning as necessary, and use of the park alarm system.
- Maintains grounds around church, or other building rented, during rental for safety and aesthetic appearances, i.e. vacuuming carpet runners, picking up debris, opening/closing perimeter gates, cleaning dressing room, assisting with event set-up and take down, etc.
- Adheres to facility usage rules and insures renters’ compliance.
- Serves as the Heritage Hill contact with clients, caterers, florists, etc. on the day of the event. Communicates any issues or needs to the Director of Sales and Marketing, as needed.
- Communicates any shortages of consumables or supplies needed in the catering kitchen or items needed to provide the best customer service possible.
- Ability to work with money.
- Makes Customer Service a priority.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Cleaning of the event areas, and bathrooms.
- Empty all trash from event and remove to dumpster and reset.
- Upon request, clean the bridal suite and church.
- Set up and tear down event rooms/spaces as scheduled.
- Notify appropriate personnel when cleaning supplies and/or repairs are needed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least one year of customer service experience. Experience preferred is 3-5 years of related customer service.
- Individual must possess:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Must have working knowledge of Word and Excel based programs and other computer knowledge.
- Must be able to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment, and should possess the ability to work independently and meet deadlines while retaining flexibility.
- Must possess a strong personality, who is willing to work with a variety of clients in a variety of situations.
- Must be able to provide exceptional customer service and possess a pleasant demeanor while dealing with conflict.
- Must be comfortable approaching people that are under the influence of alcohol.
- Must be comfortable driving a golf cart and the Park’s transportation system.
- Great attention to detail and effective communication skills.
- Positive, professional manner.
- Must be able to problem solve, and should possess the ability to work independently and meet deadlines while retaining flexibility. Must be ability to lift and move heavier items, independently.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- This person must also be able to maintain effective working relationships with visitors, clients, vendors, volunteers and staff.
- Ability to use a telephone and computer to receive and send information. And able to operate required equipment with necessary physical agility, optical, auditory and manual dexterity.
- Ability to read, comprehend and speak clearly in a variety of settings.
- This person must be able to work with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- Ability to walk or stand for an hour or more at a time.
- Ability to work under various temperature and weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds as necessary.
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals
- Ability to push a vacuum and cleaning cart (up to 20 lbs of lifting, pulling and pushing)
- Ability to lift and move garbage containers, tables and chairs (up to 50 lbs)
- Ability to work alone without direct supervision
- Uniform/Professional Appearance is required
- Must be able to spend a large amount of time outdoors and be able to walk, at times, one half mile without difficulty. Prolonged sitting and occasional high pressure and long hours due to seasonality of business.