The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is seeking a part-time Donor and Sales Associate.
Part-time hourly (non-exempt)
Approximately 20 hours/week
Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a unique retail outlet where customers can purchase new and gently-used items at excellent prices while helping Habitat for Humanity build homes, communities, and hope in Brown County. It also keeps millions of pounds of unwanted merchandise out of our landfills.
General Job Summary:
The ReStore Donor and Sales Associate will be comfortable moving products (sometimes very heavy products) and will also be comfortable interacting with customers and donors in a positive manner. The position requires the ability to lift and move product that may be 50 lbs. or more on a regular basis. We are looking for someone who understands and believes in our mission and represents Habitat for Humanity positively in the community.
- Provide exceptional customer service, including unloading donations and loading purchases into customers’ vehicles
- Clean, sort, price and stock merchandise in the proper area of the store as it comes in under the direction of the Management Team
- Greet donors on a regular basis with professionalism and care – provide tax exempt slips to donors per legal guidelines
- Work to keep store orderly, stocked, and clean at all times
- Work side-by-side with all volunteers to fulfill the Habitat mission of bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope
- May require some cashier duties, ReStore truck ride-along, or other responsibilities as needed
- Will require weekend day hours (no nights or Sundays)
- Assist with other areas as assigned, including Habitat events at the ReStore
Supervision Exercised Over: N/A
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Retail or warehouse experience desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission
- Excellent customer service skills and pleasant personality with others
- Communicate and engage with customers
- Ability to work independently at times
- Basic computer skills and cashier knowledge helpful, but not required
- Basic mechanical and construction knowledge helpful, but not required
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Position requires walking and standing for most of the time
- Dependable and solid work history
- Candidate must submit to a drug test and background check
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.