$10.50 per hour
The role of a Camp Counselor is to serve as a leader, role model, and hero to campers ages 6 – 13. Your primary responsibility is overall supervision. You are to ensure campers’ well-being and to make their camp experience as fun and rewarding as possible.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive and other duties may be required and assigned.
Organize and lead a variety of group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, opening and closing ceremonies, Movies in the Park, etc.
• Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
• Develops positive relationships with fellow staff, supervisors, program participants, their families and the general public.
• Communicate with parents about participant’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
• Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, time sheets, and daily attendance.
• Assist the Recreation Coordinator with Village special events.
• Responsible for supervision of assigned facility during work hours (including but not limited to security, organization, cleanliness, and safety).
• Reports all significant events, problems, issues or occurrences to immediate supervisor.
• Reports to work on time each day and remains at the site until closing, unless otherwise directed by supervisor.
• Assures the safe keeping of all equipment.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent and some work experience is preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Current CPR, First Aid and AED certification or must be able to obtain certifications with Village Assistance.
• Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
• Must have transportation to and from work site.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work with school age children.
• Ability to lead, plan, organize, and participate in a variety of program activities.
• Ability to interact with parents/guardians when necessary
• Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with
little direct supervision.
SUPERVISION/DECISION MAKING: Does not supervise other staff. Decisions affect the operation of the program. Receives general supervision and works as a part of a team on routine work from standard practices and procedures.
INTERACTION: Frequent contact with campers, co-workers, immediate supervisor, residents, and general public. Contacts involve routine matters where information is furnished or obtained.
HOURS OF WORK: Camp runs from mid-June through late August.
• Time commitment: Up to 40 hours each week
HOW TO APPLY:
Completing an Allouez Employment Application
Email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail/Drop-Off: Allouez Village Hall, Attn: Matt Hahn, 1900 Libal St., Green Bay, WI 54301
Please let them know that you saw this job posting in the Green Bay News Network!