UW-Green Bay Keeps Young Minds Engaged with an Exciting Line-Up of Summer Commuter Camps
UW-Green Bay will keep young minds engaged this summer with more than 30 camps, designed to inspire creativity, exploration and learning for students going into grades 2 through 12. The camps also bring students to all four of our beautiful campus locations, familiarizing students with campus life.
“Once again, we are open for business,” said Jason Mathwig, Executive Manager, Education Outreach. “We had a successful summer camp season in 2021 and are excited to be able to bring back even more students here in 2022 in a variety of areas—all while keeping our campers’ health and safety in mind.
New commuter camps this year encourage students to exercise their bodies and minds, including:
* Exploring Exercise: August 1-5, Green Bay Campus
* Modern Mobile Web App Bootcamp: July 11-15 & 18-22 (2-week camp), Green Bay Campus
UW-Green Bay’s nationally recognized Pride Center helps run commuter Pride Camps for and high-school and middle school students. This year the camps have been expanded to the Marinette and Sheboygan campuses. Students will meet LGBTQ+ peers and allies and work toward expanding their personal awareness of the LGBTQ+ community.
* Green Bay Campus: High School, June 27-30; Middle School, July 11-14
* Marinette Campus: High School, July 18-19
* Sheboygan Campus: High School, July 21-22
Camp Lloyd has been offered at UW-Green Bay every summer for the past 17 years. It is a week-long camp for grieving children to explore their feelings and benefit from the support of their peers, professional grief counselors and trained student interns from UW-Green Bay. Orientation for Camp Lloyd commuter camp will take place June 19 with camp running June 20-24.
UW-Green Bay collaborates with the Einstein Project to create a series of commuter camps that encourage problem-solving, hands-on learning and “tinkering.”
* Aquatic Robotics: July 18-22, Green Bay Campus
* Design Tech: Intro Skills – Middle School, June 20-24; Elementary, July 25-29, Green Bay Campus
* Design Tech: Advanced Skills – Middle School, June 27-30m, Green Bay Campus
Returning favorite commuter camps include:
* Ceramics: Middle School August 1-5; High School August 8-12, Green Bay Campus
* Video Game Programming: Level 1 – Session 1, June 27-29; Session 2, July 18-20, Green Bay Campus
* Video Game Programming: Level 2 July 25-29, Green Bay Campus
UW-Green Bay has also revived popular commuter camps from summers’ past.
* Cartooning & Comic Illustration: June 13-17, Green Bay Campus
* Computer Animation: June 20-24, Green Bay Campus
* Wizarding Academy: Green Bay Campus June 16-17; Manitowoc Campus July 14-15; Sheboygan Campus July 11-12
High school juniors and seniors can get a head start on their college education with Summer Scholars, a 6-week online college course, designed to save time and money – up to 40%. Students can choose from a variety of engaging courses.
UW-Green Bay is also collaborating with the Oneida Nation to create a series of camps designed for Oneida Nation youth members.
Camps are now open for registration and fill up fast. For more information on Camps and Youth Programs http://www.uwgb.edu/camps or contact Jason Mathwig, Director, Education Outreach, [email protected] or 920-465-2267.